Acanthamoeba Keratitis Market Size, Epidemiology, Pipeline, Therapies, Companies and Competitive Analysis by DelveInsight

June 09 02:30 2022
Acanthamoeba Keratitis Market Size, Epidemiology, Pipeline, Therapies, Companies and Competitive Analysis by DelveInsight
Acanthamoeba Keratitis Market

Acanthamoeba Keratitis (AK) is a rare but serious infection of the eye that can result in permanent visual impairment or blindness. This infection is caused by a microscopic, free-living ameba (a single-celled living organism) called Acanthamoeba. The organism causes AK when it infects the transparent outer covering of the eye called the cornea. The condition is very common in nature and can be found in water bodies (for example, lakes and oceans), soil, and air.


DelveInsight’s “Acanthamoeba Keratitis Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2032” report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Acanthamoeba Keratitis, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Acanthamoeba Keratitis market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan.


Some facts of Acanthamoeba Keratitis Market are:

  • As per a study conducted by Abelson et al. (2008), an estimated 5,000 cases of Acanthamoeba keratitis have occurred in the United States as of 2006, but since AK is so commonly misdiagnosed and the disease does not need to be reported to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the actual number could be much higher. Approximately 88% of contact lens-related AK cases occur in soft contact lens wearers and 12% in rigid lens wearers.
  • According to the studies it has been estimated that the disease affect male and female equally.
  • According to Kozak et al. (2020), over 80% of Acanthamoeba keratitis appears in contact lens wearers. In one study, 75% of the patients were contact lens wearers; 40% wore daily soft lenses, 22% wore rigid gas permeable lenses, and 38% wore extended wear or other lenses.
  • According to Booton et al. (2009), the genotype of 15 Acanthamoeba sp. isolates from AK cases from this outbreak using sequence analysis of a region of the 18S rDNA were determined. The results indicated that the isolates were predominantly genotype T4 (87%), with the remaining isolates being genotype T3 (13%). Both genotypes had previously been observed in AK cases.


Request for Free Sample Report:


Scope of the Acanthamoeba Keratitis Market Report

  • The report covers the descriptive overview of Acanthamoeba Keratitis, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology, diagnosis and currently available therapies.
  • Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Acanthamoeba Keratitis epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM.
  • Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Acanthamoeba Keratitis is provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape.
  • A detailed review of the Acanthamoeba Keratitis market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM.
  • The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Acanthamoeba Keratitis market.


Some of the Acanthamoeba Keratitis Companies are:

  • Polihexanide (PHMB)
  • And Others


Acanthamoeba Keratitis Drugs:

  • SIFI
  • And Others


Request for Free Sample Report:


Table of Contents:

1. Key Insights

2. Executive Summary of Acanthamoeba Keratitis

3. Competitive Intelligence Analysis for Acanthamoeba Keratitis

4. Acanthamoeba Keratitis: Market Overview at a Glance

5. Acanthamoeba Keratitis: Disease Background and Overview

5.1. Introduction

8. Treatment Algorithm, Current Treatment, and Medical Practices

9. Unmet Needs

10. Key Endpoints of Acanthamoeba Keratitis Treatment

11. Marketed Products

List to be continued in report

12. Emerging Therapies

List to be continued in report

13. Acanthamoeba Keratitis: Seven Major Market Analysis

14. Attribute analysis

15. 7MM: Market Outlook

16. Access and Reimbursement Overview of Acanthamoeba Keratitis

17. KOL Views

18. Market Drivers

19. Market Barriers

20. Appendix

20.1. Bibliography

20.2. Report Methodology

21. DelveInsight Capabilities

22. Disclaimer

23. About DelveInsight



About Delveinsight: 

DelveInsight Business Research is a leading Market Research, and Business Consultant focused purely on Healthcare. It helps pharma companies by providing them with end-to-end services to solve their business problems.

Media Contact
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Ankit Nigam
Email: Send Email
Phone: +19193216187
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
City: Albany
State: New York
Country: United States